We’ve got a few fun story lines going on that you can jump into this week, along with some reprints, variants and a cool all ages indie.
Here’s a look at the featured new comic releases coming out Wednesday, March 25th, 2015.
The Guardians of the Galaxy and the X-Men are in the middle of a three month long 13 part storyline called “Black Vortex”. It’s been old school comic book fun, fleshing out the relationship between X-Man Kitty Pryde and the Guardian’s Peter Quill (Starlord). Three Chapters come out this week, along with a couple reprints of earlier chapters, so it’s a good time to catch up.
Here’s a checklist with release dates:
- The Black Vortex Alpha #1. (Chapter One, reprints came out last week 3/18)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy #24 (Chapter Two, reprints come out this week 3/25)
- Legendary Star-Lord #9 (Chapter Three, reprints come out this week 3/25)
- All New X-Men #38 (came out 2/25, reprints due out 4/8)
- All New X-Men #39 (came out last week, 3/18)
- Guardians Team Up #3 (Chapter Six, came out last week, 3/18)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy #25 (Chapter Seven, comes out this week, 3/25) pictured above
- Nova #28 (Chapter Eight, comes out this week, 3/25)
- Legendary Star-Lord #10 (Chapter Nine, comes out this week, 3/25) pictured below
- Cyclops #12 (Chapter Ten, comes out next week, 4/1)
- Captain Marvel #14 (Chapter Eleven, comes out 4/8)
- Legendary Star-Lord #11 (Chapter Twelve, comes out 4/15)
- The Black Vortex Omega #1 (Chapter Thirteen, wraps it up on 4/22)
DC has a neat little run going on too, with Grant Morrison’s Multiversity series. Nine issues long, which includes a beginning and ending end caps, along with six one shots and a guide book. Each one shot is set on a different Earth in DC’s Multiverse, and each one features Morrison using a different story telling technique. The series is almost over, and after this week penultimate Multiversity Ultra Comics, there’s only one more chapter to go.
Here’s what it looks like:
- The Multiversity #1
- The Society Of Superheroes #1
- The Just #1
- Pax Americana #1 (really cool, sort of Morrison’s take on Watchman with Frank Quitely)
- Thunderworld Adventures #1
- Guidebook (on it’s second print and very informative at $7.99)
- Mastermen #1 (great stand alone story with art by Jim Lee)
- Ultra Comics #1 (pictured above, new this week)
- Multiversity #2 (not out till 4/29)
It’s hard to say how much these stories will have anything to do with Convergence in April, but for now they’re pretty entertaining. This week’s Ultra Comics has Morrison involving the reader in the story, and he states “it’s the most frightening thing anyone will ever read.” Pretty strong words coming from a pretty creepy guy. All other issues are available on the new comic wall.
Marvel’s been selling out of it’s female Spider books like crazy, and a slew of reprints are coming in this week.
- Edge Of Spider-Verse #2 5th Printing. (pictured above and the first appearance of Spider-Gwen)
- Silk #1 2nd Printing (pictured below)
- Spider-Woman #2 3rd Print (Spider-Verse)
- Spider-Woman #3 2nd Print (Spider-Verse)
This month has seen the release of DC’s movie poster inspired variants, and they’ve been a lot of fun. (really, the most successful themed variant month for us so far.) All the variants are cover priced and even if you don’t see them in the shop, odds are we can order them for you, just ask! Here’s a link to all the images.
This week you can get:
- Aquaman #40 movie variant
- Batman and Robin #40 movie variant
- Catwoman #40 movie variant (pictured above)
- Flash #40 movie variant (pictured below)
- Justice League Dark #40 movie variant
- Sinestro #11 movie variant
If you’re a My Little Pony fan, mark your calender for Saturday, April 18th. We’ll be having Thom Zahler in the shop from noon until 2pm signing FREE copies of his My Little Pony Micro Series #1 featuring Twilight Sparkle.
He’ll also being signing and selling copies of his Love and Capes Graphic Novels, along with graphic novels collecting his Pony work. He does outside commissions at a very reasonable rate, and this would be a great time to set one up. (or contact him ahead of time and just pick it up at the signing.) More on this later, but we’re really excited to have a weekend signing session with an all ages creator.
That’s it for this week!